This contractor role is only open to candidates located in European & South American time zones.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for our future UX Engineer who will facilitate collaboration between product design & engineering here at Bonfire. This individual possesses the skills of a front-end engineer combined with the working knowledge of UX design principles.
The UX Engineer answers to company vision, mission, values, and strategy by enhancing the customer and employee experience through tools that make working with and for Bonfire easy, interesting, motivating, and helpful — while aligning with our principles of collaboration and kindness.
This role is a contractor position and lies within our Product department. This role will report to the Director of Design & UX.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining & scaling the design system components & style guide in Angular/HTML/CSS
- Collaborating with product designers to ensure a proper design system implementation in code
- Participating in daily standups & weekly Product Discovery meetings
- Performing code tests & collaborating with QA during testing and debugging
- 4+ years experience in front end development
- 1+ years working within an agile software development framework
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in UI, UX, or Product Design
- Familiar with Java
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the short form below to apply: