Bonfire is looking for Senior Data Engineer which will be responsible for designing and building solutions for collecting, organizing and using data. You will help to build the data pipelines that serve information to our analysts, stakeholders and other end-users to help them make informed decisions. We need your help to own our tooling, process, data definition, and even help with departmental goals.
This role lies within our Data department and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
This contractor role is only open to candidates located in Europe or South America.
include but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a departmental strategy to achieve company-wide goals
- Build and maintain our Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Own all definitions, models, and dimensions in our Data department
- Provide data-access tools, and help us integrate Tableau deeper with our data sources
- Work on Data Architecture – use a systematic approach to plan, create, and maintain data architectures while also keeping it aligned with business requirements.
- Ensure data integrity and optimized storing of business data
- ETL / ELT
- Data pipeline maintenance/testing
- Develop departmental OKRs, create a roadmap with clear priorities for the team
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- High School Graduate
- 4+ years of experience working with Data
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (Redshift, AWS Glue, etc)
- Experience in running and operating a Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Proficient with SQL databases (Postgres), and programming languages most applicable for the specific task (Java/Scala/C/Python)
- Familiarity with Tableau is a plus (to help with data sources, not be an analyst)
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please click here to apply.
** Bonfire is aware that some candidates are unable to apply for this role via our ATS,
Paycom, due to technical issues. If you’re located in one of the following countries: Brazil, Hungary, Romania, Russia, or Turkey, please apply using this form instead. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused! **