Location: Richmond, VA
Bonfire.com is transforming the way people buy and sell high quality, custom apparel.
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced professional to join our fast-growing platform, help us grow even faster, and -most importantly- make our customers love us.
Bonfire is looking for a driven and dynamic apparel expert to lead our production operations. This key role will oversee and manage every aspect of our apparel sourcing, supply chain, fit, process, calendar, vendor and partner management, and ultimately production for all of our merchandise categories. At Bonfire, we believe in quality, craftsmanship and thoughtful design; this role is integral to scaling our business.
As our Production Manager, you’ll be a critical member of our Richmond-based team and will play an important role in the happiness of our customers thus directly impacting revenue growth. You’ll need to be an experienced manager, plus have the technical chops to build and implement various company initiatives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Strong Leader and Manager: Oversee and manage every step in the production process from sourcing, sampling, testing, and delivery
- Organized: Own, improve and manage the production process.
- Innovator: Disrupt old barriers and replace them with new, optimized practices.
- Collaborator : Work closely with the Product and Marketing teams to make sure strategies align.
- Problem solver: Anticipate problems, suggest solutions, and effectively report any problems that arise along the way
- Detail-oriented: Must be obsessed with achieving the highest possible quality and establishing testing guidelines to effectively and efficiently conduct quality control across all vendors and partners.
- Process Leader: Drive standardization of processes and procedures for the following: vendor terms, transaction methods with suppliers, supplier selection processes, ongoing supplier management, data collection, negotiation, performance improvement, cost reduction, etc.
- Able to work independently and -most importantly- think big picture
- 3+ years in production or sourcing of apparel/other soft goods
- Passion for Bonfire, our product and customer
- Strong understanding of fit, managing processes and best practices
- Strong knowledge of retail math: margin, cost optimizations, turn, forecasting techniques, operational systems, and contract negotiation techniques
- Analytical thinker with the ability and drive to improve processes
- Strong data analysis skills with modern tools such as Excel, SQL, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate strategies across all channels and levels
- The ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines while being flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and initiative
- Team player, results driven and respectful
- Quick learner with excellent attention to detail
- Minimal Travel Required
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO/vacation
- Excellent insurance benefits
- Apple devices, standing desks, monitor, keyboard+mouse and more perks
- A positively amazing workplace culture with lots of happy hours, group trips, lunchtime games – as well as plenty of free apparel, snacks and perks
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies and tools, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)
- The chance to make a real impact in the company’s growth and history
- An opportunity to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives