This contractor role is only open to candidates located in European & South American time zones.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Design team is searching for their future Production Designer – a print designer with experience (the more the better) in the garment and apparel industry who is a pro at vectorizing art files quickly and looks forward to a predictable work flow.
This is a remote contract job, and you will be part of the international design team collaborating with the US-based team. You will work to ensure our customers receive beautiful apparel showcasing artwork they have created for themselves. A target norm is 100+ design requests per week, and each design is priced based on the complexity. We connect over internal platforms and online tools, and proficiency in these platforms will be crucial to your success in this role. We are flexible for time frames you are able to complete work; however, we especially prefer designers who can work within US time zones and on weekends.
This role lies within our Operations department and reports to the Design Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart: Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European and South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Re-creating t-shirt art in a fast-paced work environment
- Vectorizing and preparing art files for screenprint according to the Bonfire templates and processes
- Vectorizing poor quality files: matching as close as possible to original art files and recreating and redrawing as needed
- Preparing print-ready, vector Adobe Illustrator files according to the Bonfire templates and processes
- Communicating with US-based team members via custom online platforms
- Adobe Illustrator: Highly proficient
- Adobe Photoshop: Advanced
- Advanced skills in fast redrawing and vectorizing art files
- Advanced skills working with font search platforms to determine and match fonts
- Experience with screen printing and DTG file preparation is helpful
- Advanced English communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Have access to essential tools to perform the job:
- internet: 15-20MB upload/download
- Software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- High powered laptop or desktop with video capability
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the short form below to apply: