We are seeking a gifted and talented buyer to join our Production team. This role involves sourcing new apparel and accessories, onboarding new partners, and strengthening our partner network by tracking and improving key partner metrics such as timing, quality, and pricing.
What you will do:
- Understand the expertise and limitations of potential partners.
- Negotiate pricing, requirements, and terms of new partner relationships.
- Onboard new print partners to match up our processes for sending orders, payments, and handle issues such as reprints.
- Test product and print quality by ordering and evaluating physical samples.
- Track our forecasted volume trends and partner capacities.
- Set and maintain key metrics to strengthen our partner network.
- Identify cost savings opportunities, get internal buy-in, and implement improvements.
- Research the print-on-demand industry and qualify potential partnerships.
- Represent Bonfire with integrity and professionalism at all times in all written and oral communications.
- A keenly developed competitive nature and resourcefulness
- The technical aptitude to master and improve our systems, tools, and metrics
- Experience in sourcing, negotiating terms, and determining pricing
- Natural curiosity and commitment to lifelong learning
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- A quiet space to work
- Video chat capabilities and internet access (20/20 MB or better)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in sourcing suppliers without a predetermined network rolodex
- Knowledge of SQL or other Business Intelligence tools to track metrics and gain insights
- General experience related to the print-on-demand industry including and beyond apparel (accessories, paper products, home goods, embroidery, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial experience and the ability to wear many hats
At bonfire.com, we strengthen and inspire communities by helping them sell high-quality custom apparel. A Richmond, VA based tech company since 2012, we have changed the way people buy and sell apparel online, and in doing so we have helped thousands of organizations and individuals raise millions for the causes they care about.
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer our full-time team members:
- Competitive compensation with excellent insurance and savings benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to make a difference in literally thousands of people’s lives
- An opportunity to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and challenge yourself (while having fun)