Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment, meaning work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all team members. This means the location of our team members may be flexible; however, “location flexible” does not mean we are hiring in all states.
We are NOT hiring candidates who reside in the following locations: California, Washington DC, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Washington State.
At Bonfire, we work everyday to unlock the potential of custom apparel. We’ve helped tens of thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom apparel, and we’re seeking a gifted and talented Merchandise Buyer to join our Production team.
This role involves improving the catalog of products we offer by identifying the needs of our customers, sourcing and evaluating the quality of products and working with our print partners and internal teams to implement them.
What you will do:
- Research the print on demand industry and identify apparel/accessory trends.
- Respond to urgent internal requests to source and support specialty products.
- Work with our print partners to confirm print requirements and pricing.
- Source sample products and evaluate for quality.
- Develop long-term strategies for maintaining product availability.
- Manage relationships with apparel brands and distributors.
- Identify cost savings opportunities, get internal buy-in, and implement improvements.
- Represent Bonfire with integrity and professionalism at all times in all written and oral communications.
- Strong sourcing experience
- 5+ years of merchandising and/or apparel sourcing experience
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- Natural curiosity and passion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- The technical aptitude to master our systems and tools
- Your own computer and wifi setup (20/20 MB or better)
- A quiet space to work
- Video chat capabilities
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with excellent insurance and savings benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work environment
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to make a difference in literally thousands of people’s lives
- An opportunity to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and challenge yourself (while having fun)
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the short form below to apply: