ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Production team is searching for their future Mail Returns Processor. This person is a fast learner who enjoys working autonomously, has previous experience in retail and/or inventory management, and has an entrepreneurial spirit with an eye for the details in processes.
Our Mail Returns Processor will work in an office located in Midlothian, where they will handle all processes related to returned packages, as well as help with internal projects that require shipments requested outside of our normal platforms. This person will process returned mail, handle inventory scheduled for donation, and other projects requiring order packaging and shipping. Due to the nature of this position, you must have your own reliable transportation to perform drop offs to USPS as well.
This role is part-time, offering 10-20 hours/week. It lies within our Operations department on the Production team and reports to the Production Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Please note, although Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment, this role is in-person and all responsibilities will be performed in an office located in VA.
include but are not limited to:
- Picking up packages at USPS
- Performing Initial data input for returned orders
- Sorting through returns (intentional return vs lost, donations vs reships)
- Troubleshoot and fix any system issues that may arise with related processes
- Coordinating returns, which may require you to contact customers, generate labels and package orders for reshipment, and making drop-off returns at USPS
- Coordinating donations to include sorting, packaging, and making drop-offs, in addition to finding donation partners
- Special Gift Claim Orders to include picking, quality checking, packing, generating labels, and coordinating shipping for special orders; as well as organizing and maintaining inventory of warehoused merchandise
- Performing initial quality checks for both Gift Claim Orders and returned mail
- Supporting our partners by mailing supplies
- Recycling unusable materials
- General upkeep and organization of the space
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of retail experience in a merchandise environment
- 1+ years of picking and packing experience
- 1+ years of quality assurance experience
- Ability to work in the Midlothian, VA office
- Trustworthy and able to work alone
- Organized and able to keep environment tidy
- Has a valid driver’s license and has a vehicle to transport packages to and from the post office (This is 5 minutes from the office location.)
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that are critical to how we work
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software
- Good working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to conduct research for issues such as donation potentials
- Ability to create instructional documentation
includes but are not limited to:
- Able to talk and hear, both in person and by phone
- Able to use hands and fingers in a manner that allows for use of a keyboard and phone
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Able to lift & carry items up to 45 lbs
- Able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Free swag – first pick of shirts, mugs, and other items before donations
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Click the link below to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY