At Bonfire, we work every day to unlock the potential of custom apparel. We are a young, agile company founded in Richmond, VA, with teams dispersed around the world and growing by leaps and bounds. We’ve helped tens of thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom apparel, and we understand that our community of amazing team members is the foundation of everything we do.
We’re looking for a smart, ambitious rising HR leader to come into Bonfire to help us scale and grow our People function.
The HR Business Partner is responsible for developing Bonfire’s People & Culture strategy, executing the projects and initiatives required to achieve the departmental strategic plan, and creating an extraordinary team member experience.
This position reports to the Vice President of People & Customer Success and works closely with organizational managers in shaping the Bonfire culture required to support ongoing innovation and engagement. This individual must be able to utilize their knowledge of multiple HR areas to support Bonfire’s rapid growth.
An HR Business Partner has the ability to use their insight and knowledge about Human Resources best practices to support the various functions and leaders within our organization.
Responsibilities of Bonfire’s People Team
- Support efforts to collect, analyze, and report on meaningful HR metrics including engagement
- Create dynamic programs that strengthen Bonfire’s managers and develop great leaders
- Strengthen our benefits and compensation packages for our employees
- Ensure that Bonfire is legally compliant within all states and countries where our employees are located
- Develop best-practices and processes to support intensive recruiting drives
Core Responsibilities of an HR Business Partner
- Ensure employee compensation and benefits programs are strong
- Support the creation of a departmental strategy to achieve company-wide goals
- Lead the creation and implementation of an internal recruitment program
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and departments
People Responsibilities of the HR Business Partner
- Build out the HR systems and frameworks required to support the growing needs of our teams
- Professional development work with managers focusing on leadership characteristics, people management skills, strategic thought, and planning
- Exemplify the core values and culture of the company
- Direct and influence the culture of Bonfire
- Conduct, and coach managers on conducting, difficult conversations
- Maintain turnover rates within metrics as established by leadership
Strategic Responsibilities of the HR Business Partner
- Develop team and departmental OKRs and coordinate team’s efforts to complete
- Provide input on the development of company-level OKRs
- Establish innovative solutions that impact the upcoming year
- Make department-level decisions based on mid-term goals identified by leadership
- Communicate clearly with managers and other leaders
- 5+ years human resource generalist or business partner experience supporting various functions within an organization
- HR Certification or Masters degree preferred
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer our full-time team members:
- Competitive compensation with excellent insurance and savings benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to make a difference in literally thousands of people’s lives
- An opportunity to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and challenge yourself (while having fun)
If this role aligns with your skills and experience, please apply in the form below!