- You have experience building websites. We will welcome you if your background is in either backend development, frontend work, or both.
- You are interested in always improving your code and making it better. You are good at software development because of your experience and also from reading and experimentation.
- You can understand the features you are asked to implement, can ask questions about it and eloquently explain your approach to implementing new features.
- While we do have a dedicated CSS/HTML team, we may ask you to get involved in templating to ensure that your code provides the best user experience.
- You will be expected to take control of our build system and help improve deployment procedures, as well as help us implement prerendering and similar techniques for SEO.
Technologies we use
- The frontend communicates with our Spring Boot backend using a REST API. We implement automated end-to-end tests using Selenium.
- We use Git and industry standard issue tracking tools.
The work environment
This is a completely remote position, but it is a full time commitment. You will work closely with other developers and will occasionally be called in a remote VOIP meeting. We try to keep things agile, but we avoid ceremonies and unnecessary meetings. We try to keep the workflow streamlined and fun for all developers.