Are you looking for adventure? Are you an analytical individual who loves organization and paying attention to detail? Want to be part of a passionate team at a fast-growing company that is making an impact in the world? Stop waking up grumpy each morning! Yes, we’re talking to you!
Bonfire.com is transforming the way people buy and sell high quality custom apparel. As a leading online fundraising site, we’ve helped thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom shirts.
As our Finance Manager, you’ll be a critical member of our tight-knit team. You’ll be responsible for providing all levels of management with useful and accurate financial information on a timely basis. You’ll work cross functionally with all departments to construct accurate inputs and trackable outputs. This role will be a steward to our executive team and a strong resource in helping them make effective financial decisions. By working across all departments, you will enable our teams to focus and become more strategic on the broader financial issues all while letting management rest at ease that our finance department is running like a fine-oiled machine.
This position will be on site at our Richmond, Virginia headquarters.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
- Provide expertise and knowledgeable insight to executive team in order to support the development of financial planning, analysis, and budgets
- Develop executive level dashboarding that communicates company wide metrics
- Partner with management team to streamline the process of financial reporting, remove bottlenecks, and improve efficiency
- Summarize and communicate processes and the related financial activity in a clear and concise manner.
STRATEGIC FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & CASH MANAGEMENT
- Prepare and present accurate and timely financial reporting including P/L & Balance Sheet
- Execute and record accounts payable transactions, maintain accurate accounting entries in QuickBooks and conduct monthly reconciliations including researching and resolving variances
- Develop corporate budgets with executive team and work with department leaders to create tools and reports so that they can easily and effectively track their spending.
- B.S. in a business discipline, preferably Finance or Accounting.
- 1+ year of finance or data analytics experience
- Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written)
- Extremely organized and strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical experience
- Demonstrated ability to make projections and develop budgets
- Quickbooks accounting software expertise desirable