ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Product team is searching for their future Product Director – a strategic, proactive, resourceful thinker with a passion for prioritizing impact and a desire to bring the future of product closer to the present.
The Director of Product leads Bonfire’s product-first approach to Nonprofit organizations, content creators, direct sellers, and internal operations striving to increase their impact and income through an intuitive, streamlined fundraising experience that differentiates. This individual will hire and lead customer segment-driven product managers and set the direction for software squads to iterate on Bonfire’s product offerings. They’ll own and iterate on the product strategy, working with leaders around the company to ensure alignment with revenue & partnership strategies, as well as lead cross-functional special projects and working groups.
This role lies within our Product department and reports to the Vice President of Product.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, we are looking to only hire candidates who reside in the following locations: North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
include but are not limited to:
- Own, document, evolve and obtain leadership buy-in on Bonfire’s product strategy as it pertains to nonprofits, creators, and direct sellers
- Own and report on metrics related to platform usage and retention within the context of initiatives that you prioritize and lead.
- Contribute to quarterly goal setting through writing and owning OKRs in service of content nonprofit growth/usage/retention, and consult with other departments to align their OKRs with your team’s.
- Oversee UX & market research into customer segments, define our target sub-segments and customer tiers and adjust the product strategy and roadmaps to meet their needs.
- Support revenue teams like marketing and business development on their acquisition strategies and tactics through product roadmap changes, product/revenue strategy alignment, and leadership on special cross-functional projects that demonstrably improve their performance.
- Hire and manage product manager(s), and by extension software squad(s) focused on their customer segments and initiatives. Set the direction for squad(s) under your leadership & be generally accountable for their output and outcomes.
- Negotiate with finance & engineering to secure budget and add new squads & increase squad membership
- Consult with engineering leadership to advocate that quality/agility/speed of delivered code is maintained or improved for each squad
- Own/establish/remove/maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with internal and external service providers who support new and existing product offerings
- Have 5+ years of experience in product management
- Have 3+ years directly managing a team of ~3+ product or software-focused people
- Have 5+ years of working within an agile software development framework
- Have 5+ years of experience in eCommerce, saas, or a related industry
- Have experience working with datasets to analyze/answer business questions and/or build business cases
- Experience using analytics tools to explore trends in product feature usage & measure impact
- Some actual demonstrated coding experience, even if only some basic ‘hello world’ type side projects for personal enrichment. (Ideally deeper than that)
- Proficient in SQL and able to write basic to moderate queries
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience managing/leading/developing products that serve nonprofits, content creators or personal fundraisers
- Past sole responsibility for & success in scaling a small-to-mid-sized company’s main product.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation with great insurance and savings benefits
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Tech setup right-fit for your remote work environment
- Year-round swag giveaways
- Unlimited PTO that we encourage everyone to take advantage of
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Click the link below to apply.