This contractor role is only open to candidates located in European & South American time zones.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Engineering team is searching for their future Data Engineer (Manager) – a creative, well-organized, and critical thinker who appreciates challenges and prioritizes being highly communicative and collaborative with colleagues to create solutions.
As Bonfire’s Data Engineer (Manager), you will be our data aficionado, designing and building solutions to feed our data pipelines which serve information to our business analysts, and other departments to help ensure they are making sound, informed decisions. This person can expect to be significantly involved with data automation, wrangling, cleaning, and organization.
This role lies within our Engineering department and reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Create and execute a departmental strategy to achieve company-wide goals
- Setup and build/maintain our DWH (Data Warehouse)
- Own all definitions, models, and dimensions in our Data department
- Provide data-access tools
- Help us choose and implement best tooling for Analysts (Tableau, PowerBI, etc)
- Work on Data Architecture – use a systematic approach to plan, create, and maintain data architectures while also keeping it aligned with business requirements.
- Ensure data integrity and optimized storing of business data
- ETL / ELT
- Data pipeline maintenance/testing
- Develop team and departmental OKRs
- High School Graduate
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Proficient with SQL databases (Postgres), and programming languages most applicable for the specific task (Java/Scala/C/Python)
- Experience in running and operating DWH, ideally in AWS environment
- 4+ years of experience working with Data
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the short form below to apply: