ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Risk Management team is searching for their future Content Moderator. A curious, investigative, problem solver with good judgment and a strong sense of moral courage when faced with difficult dilemmas
Our future Content Moderator will be joining an already established moderation team as they review and evaluate all bonfire user generated content – making quick judgment calls and assessments on a range of subjects including intellectual property infringement, community guidelines violations, and other ethical issues. Their role will be to support all aspects of content moderation, including policy creation, outgoing communication, learning and development, and teamwide support.
This role lies within our Operations department and reports to the Risk Manager.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, we are looking to only hire candidates who reside in the following locations: Oregon, Nevada, or California.
include but are not limited to:
- Moderating content for all Enterprise Non-Profit Campaigns
- Assisting with all other user generated content moderation
- Reviewing and maintaining our greek licensing process
- Managing the DMCA Notice system
- Managing all outbound and inbound content related communications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience in content moderation
- 3+ years experience in customer service.
- Any appropriate and effective combination of any of the above.
- Working fluency in written and spoken English.
- Current documents necessary to travel internationally without restriction, including but not limited to an unexpired passport.
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience with copyright, trademark, and content policy
- Knowledge of USPTO, TESS, or other relevant Trademark databases
- Knowledge of current US internet moderation laws and policies
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation with great insurance and savings benefits
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Tech setup right-fit for your remote work environment
- Year-round swag giveaways
- Unlimited PTO that we encourage everyone to take advantage of
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Click the link below to apply.