At Bonfire, we work everyday to unlock the potential of custom apparel for sellers by removing the complexities of traditional print shop models, which leave sellers coordinating promotion, pricing, inventory, production and order delivery. We’re building out the creative team and searching for an experienced writer and highly collaborative communications strategist to manage our digital content, lead projects and write memorable copy to help our brand reach the next level.
An integral leader in our marketing and creative team, the Communications Strategist is a knowledgeable, motivated and well-organized problem solver who is passionate about making the technical feel human and authentic storytelling shine across our customer touchpoints.
This candidate will be located in Richmond, VA.
- Content Strategy, Content Management and Writing: You’re equal parts content strategist, digital content manager and writer. You think broad and focus in on the details for the project at hand. Through content journeys, sitemaps and corresponding project plans, you are able to communicate new ideas to bring stories and narratives to life. Of course, you couldn’t do this without a collaborative, cross-functional team. You’re comfortable drafting new content experiences, collaborating with external partners, optimizing existing webpages with A/B or multivariate testing and ending a content project based on performance.
- Analytics and Audience Insights: Your work resonates with the needs of the user. Using data to evaluate your content’s impact, you push for continuous improvements that encourages users and increases audience demand with memorable copy. Your approach is grounded in numbers. And, you can use research to help strengthen your creative arguments and decisions.
- Brand Narratives and Stories: Determining what authentic narratives and stories to tell is second nature to you. The content you write is engaging and helps lead users to find the best fit solution — all while staying on brand and messaging across unique audiences.
- Channels and Mediums: You’re skilled at telling the same story across various contexts. Before you get started, you consider how the content will be consumed from various perspectives – device, channel, medium, time of day, or location. Your curiosity and empathy for others motivates go explore and test new touchpoint in a way that’s integrated the rest of the brand experience.
- Interaction Flows and Product Marketing: You’ve written great user-focused nomenclature for web / app navigations, clear headings and CTAs that simplify the experience. You use language and data to articulate complex and technical products to a non-technical audience.
- Standards and Governance: Ensure that new messaging is consistent with other brand marketing campaigns. Maintain and evolve Bonfire’s content standards, including voice and tone.
Nice to Haves:
- 5+ years of professional writing experience, 3 years writing for an online retailer or digital product
- Bachelors or masters degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, HCI, English or related discipline
- Portfolio featuring work examples that articulate quality writing, an understanding of visual design and appreciation of the interplay between copy and design.
- Cross-channel experience in organic search (SEO), SEM, social media, email marketing, referral/partnerships outreach and company websites / editorial blogs.
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO/vacation
- Excellent insurance benefits
- Apple devices, standing desks, monitor, keyboard+mouse and more perks
- A positively amazing workplace culture with lots of happy hours, group trips, lunchtime games – as well as plenty of free apparel, snacks and perks
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies and tools, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)
- The chance to make a real impact in the company’s growth and history
- An opportunity to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.