ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Business Operations Team is searching for their future Business Process Analyst – an analytical expert, collaboration connoisseur, and devotee to the process of research, striking the balance between being delightfully curious yet tactfully critical.
The role of the Business Process Analyst is to optimize and modernize business process operations by analyzing current performance, working with business process owners, and implementing new processes and systems. It is critical for the Business Process Analyst to work comfortably across departments and seamlessly translate ideas into technical solutions.
This role lies within our Operations department and reports to the Director of Operations.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, we are looking to only hire candidates who reside in the following locations: North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.
include but are not limited to:
- Identifying process optimization opportunities
- Leading process design workshops that identify problems/opportunities and eliciting requirements from users and subject matter experts
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance
- Defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting findings
- Participate in complex intra-department, inter-departmental initiatives of significant business risk, business opportunity & impact
- Managing process change
- Overseeing the implementation of process changes
- Documenting business processes activities for training, business continuity, and future reference
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders such as IT & Product and external stakeholders like software providers to plan and implement realistic solutions
- Participate in end user testing
- Must be able to research and learn new industry processes
- Contribute to the team’s goal setting process
- Follow all legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide effective cross-team communication and collaboration within the entire organization as applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience business process reengineering
- Experience documenting business requirements
- High proficiency in spreadsheet and database tools, including Excel, Google Sheets, and SQL
- Expertise using process mapping software
- Ability to work/attend meetings M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Eastern Time, as well as flexibility outside those hours as required
- Current documents necessary to travel internationally without restriction, including but not limited to an unexpired passport.
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software or good working knowledge of the primary Microsoft Office programs.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Lean, Six Sigma certifications
- Experience managing projects
- Experience with no-code APIs, such as Zapier
- Continual relevant professional development
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation with great insurance and savings benefits
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Tech setup right-fit for your remote work environment
- Year-round swag giveaways
- Unlimited PTO that we encourage everyone to take advantage of
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE:
Consistent with our commitment to maintaining a safe workplace free of known hazards, Bonfire reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for certain positions due to the essential duties of the role. Additionally, in the event that team members are gathering, we are requiring proof of vaccination in order to attend to ensure safety measures are in place to protect our team members and their families. We also may require staying up to date on booster shots in the future based on Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and manufacturer recommendations.
If you are hired for the Business Process Analyst role, please be advised that we will require you to verify that you have received your COVID-19 vaccination series and booster (if it has been 6-months since completing your last series) by your start date unless approved for a medical or religious exemption by Bonfire in writing or any other exemptions available under applicable law.
This requirement currently excludes positions located in Florida, Montana, and Tennessee due to state law; however, we are monitoring developments related to OSHA requirements which may supersede state law in the future.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the short form below to apply: